Let’s be honest…we don’t have all the answers, but we are planners and we will do our best to help facilitate your event.
We look forward to working with you soon!
Planning for meetings in a post-quarantine society
The facility will
- Follow CDC guidelines.
- Disinfect meeting rooms, laptops, microphones, slide advancers, etc.
- Provide access to hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes during the event.
- Stagger seating and limit group sizes (see COVID compliant capacity chart)
- Tape lines for registration/attendee spacing.
- Work with groups to provide low/no contact food service.
- Staff have daily temperature checks and follow health precautions if symptomatic.
The attendees should
- Complete a self screening before coming to campus and do not attend the meeting if you fail the screening or are not feeling well.
- Wear a mask when on campus, homemade masks are encouraged.
- Socially distance when onsite.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer if a sink is not present.
- Bring your own pen and note taking supplies.
The host should
- Review registration procedures. For example, can attendees be checked in electronically or without sharing a pen?
- Consider a hybrid meeting.
- Plan meeting around COVID-compliant capacities.
- Stagger break times and pick pre-packaged menu items.
- Temperature scan all attendees. ECSS has infrared forehead thermometers for clients to use upon request.
- Offer masks to attendees.
The university’s response
This site will be updated regularly as information becomes available.